Total Pageviews

Friday 21 February 2014

AQUA SPHERE GOGGLE REVIEW

LIGHTER THAN AIR



For me as both an out door and pool swimmer, it is vital that goggles can be used for both purposes. And so the new Aqua Sphere EXO-core have been tested in both to see if they can suit the cross over as needed by many swimmers. The EXO-core are the next step up from the Kaimen's which are already a swimmers favourite for comfort and fit so it will be interesting to see how Aqua Sphere have managed to progress their product.

At first glance the goggle are stylish in appearance and do feel nice to the touch. As a passionate swimmer, i know what I look for in a goggle, baring in mind that I wear them for at least an hour a day..its the goggle marks, will I be left looking 'water wounded' as I call it. Aqua Sphere have introduced a new bi-material frame technology designed to be comfortable as well as maintaining the streamlined fit and appearance that we all require.

In the pool after adjusting them, which was easy to do using the new buckle system, I set off. For an hour's solid training in the pool, not once did I have to adjust them, nor did they leak - result. Vision wise the lack of misting, and lack of water ingress were a massive bonus, it meant and uninterrupted swim set. Running through the full range of strokes in an attempt to get them to budge seemed impossible, as the new streamline fit makes the water flow past as opposed to hitting the goggles. Stopping at the end of the hour I was amazing at how light they still felt on my face, the swim has been as if I was not wearing goggles such is the weight of them on the face. Now the 'wound' test, taking the goggles off, the Advance Fit Technology promised a gentle suction to the face, and i had been careful how I had put them on, would I be walking around with the mark of the swimmer on my face all day. Alighting the pool and heading for a mirror, I was delighted to see nothing there, the softness of the new material had moulded itself to my face and held on enough to do the job in hand without letting the rest of the world know that I had been swimming! My second trip to the pool even earned the goggles a compliment on their look.

A few days later, it was time to put them to the test in the open water, not the best of days for a swim, windy and a tad chilly. But wetsuit and hat on I headed to the lake. Again the goggles were worn, slightly adjusted this time to account for the choppiness of the water. Heading out into the deep, I only had to adjust the goggles one and that was my own fault, spotting a fish I managed to almost dislocate my neck and budged the goggles a few millimetres by trying to watch the fish whilst carrying on swimming at the same pace, none the less they resealed themselves easily and I carried on swimming. Again it is the seal and the feel of the goggles that I am impressed with, they literally do not feel like you are wearing any, the vision afforded in the open water is as good if not better than the Kaimens. And again the wound test yielded a zero score.

Over all I am seriously impressed with the Exo-core's, several other swimmers were able to try them on in both the pool and open water and the response was an instant 'wow, i have to get a pair', for social swimming, a quick dip and definately for racing in they are the perfect goggle, the goggles are available from this month and would recommend them! Contact your local Aqua Sphere retailer for details of where to purchase on 01254 291717, (www.aquasphereswim.com) , and of course don't forget to follow them on Facebook at AquashpereUK and also Twitter,  @aquasphereuk. If you want to try before you buy give me a shout, come for a swim and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed.




1 comment:

  1. Great write up, will certainly be giving these ago, thanks Pauline for another great review!!

    ReplyDelete