Total Pageviews

Friday 26 July 2013

I'VE DONE IT - NEIL WALKER

I'VE DONE IT - NEIL WALKER

 
My challenge of swimming 3 miles has been completed, and what a fantastic one it was.

My first swim 10am Yellow wave was relatively easy, I took it steady and I finished in 29:03. I suffered a slight sore on the back of my neck due to the Velcro from my wetsuit that had rubbed quite bad. I attended the first aid tent and explained I had a further two waves to complete but they could not really offer any first aid or a solution to the problem.  The only solution was to ditch the wetsuit in time for my 2nd swim, which I did!!



12:35pm Green wave my second swim soon came round, so off I went.   I felt pretty good as I went around the course so decided to push myself for a better time and put a sprint in at the last 100 metres.    I had a slight twinge of cramp in my left calf so had to leave off kicking with my left leg but managed a time of 28:15.



2pm Purple wave  I had to make my way back to the start as I was due to set off again at 2pm for my last and final swim. I was very conscious of my calf with the cramp so I worked on the calf to try and prevent any further attack.  I was starting to feel a little tired by now and wished I hadn't pushed myself in the previous swim.  I had a friend join me in this wave to help spur me on.  I finished this race in 31.38



I want to thank you all for your support in sponsoring me; I will be collecting in the money in the next week or two.  I was hoping to raise a £1,000, but overall it looks more like £3,000.  The family are so overwhelmed by everyone’s generosity and the children have decided they would like to go to Ibiza in October.  This was the last family holiday they spent with their Mum and Dad.



Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Donations can be made by contacting me via Diary of an open water swimmer - this blog, or facebook and i will direct you to the payment methods available - happy swimming folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment